Check Your Admission Status
Thanks for Applying, and Good Luck
We’re glad that so many students want to come to IU, but processing all of the applications we receive takes time. Once your application is complete, you should receive information about your decision in four to eight weeks.
Please note that it may take up to two weeks from the time that your application materials are received in the Office of Admissions before your status is updated online and you can see that the materials have been received.
Thanks for your patience. You can check your status by logging in to OneStart if you have already set up your IU computer account. This is NOT the same username and password you created when you applied for admission; this is a new account. If you have not set up your IU computing account, you can do so by following the directions below. It may take up to 48 hours for your account to be activated.
- Visit http://onestart.iu.edu and select the option at the left side of the screen “Don't have an account?” (below the login button).
- Select “Create my first IU computing accounts and passphrase.”Do NOT select "Request IU Guest Account."
- You will be asked for your university ID. This ID was included in an email sent to you seven days after your application was received. You will also be prompted to supply your last name and date of birth.
- After you create your account in OneStart, it may take up to 48 hours for our system to be updated with your information. Once this occurs, you can log into OneStart and click the self-service tab along the top of the screen.
- Choose the “Undergraduate Application Status Check” link on the left side of the screen, in the admissions channel, to review the status of your application.