Check Your Admission Status
Thanks for Applying, and Good Luck
Thank you for applying to Indiana University. In order to check your application status, follow the steps below in order (please note that these instructions are for undergraduate applicants only):
You must set up your IU computing account in order to check your admission status. Your IU computing account is not the same as the account you created when you applied for admission; that account was created for the sole purpose of submitting your application for admission. Once you complete these steps, it may take up to 48 hours for your IU computing account to be activated. If you have already set up your IU computing account and would like to check your application status, click here. If you need additional assistance, please contact the UITS Support Center.
- Go to the Account Management Service (AMS).
- Enter your last name, date of birth, and University ID number in the fields provided, and then click “Continue.” The University ID number was included in an email about setting up your computing account/checking your status. It was sent to you approximately one week after your application was received. If you have not yet received this email regarding your University ID number, contact the Office of Admissions.
- The AMS page will display the Guidelines for Appropriate Usage, which are rules and policies for IT account use at IU. After you have read the Guidelines, enter “Yes” to agree to these policies, and then click “Continue.”
- Enter the passphrase you want to use in both fields. For information on selecting a valid and secure passphrase, see passwords and passphrases.
- Enroll in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System. If you forget your passphrase, this system will allow you to reset it yourself without having to visit a UITS Support Center walk-in location in person. Either select a question from the drop-down list or enter your own question. Type and re-type the correct answer in the fields provided. Click “Continue” to enter further questions, to a maximum of ten questions.
- Click “Done” to complete your enrollment in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System, once you have entered at least three questions and answers.
- Click “Print page” if you want to print a copy of your account information, and be sure to write this information down and keep it in a safe place. You will need your account information each time you log in to your IU computing account.
- To end your AMS session and close your browser, click “Exit.” It may take up to 48 hours before you can log in to some services.
*If you have ever previously been enrolled in or participated in a program at any IU campus and were given a 10-digit University ID number or IU username, you will use the same ID number or username and follow these steps to set up your IU computing account. If you have forgotten your IU username, contact the UITS Support Center. If you have forgotten your University ID number, you must contact the Office of the Registrar.
- Log in to Onestart. The "Student Center" area should be visible; if it is not, select the “Services” tab and choose the “Student Self-Service” section on the left.
Note: If you attempt to log in to check the status of your application with the account information you used to submit your application for admission, you will not be able to access the Student Center to check your status. You must set up your IU computing account in order to check your admission status; click here to set up your IU account. If you need additional assistance, please contact the UITS Support Center.
- Click “Go to Student Center.” Note: The Student Center and other Self-Service applications use pop-up pages and subpages. If your Internet pop-up blocker is set to block all pop-ups, you will need to turn it off or change the setting to allow them.
- At the bottom of the page, click the “View Status” link in the “Admissions” section on the far right in the “My Applications" box. Note: Only applications for future terms will appear.
- The “Application Status” page will be displayed. If any items are missing from your application, a message will appear that states your application is missing materials and you will see a list of outstanding items for this application.
- Click “View All To Do Items” beneath the outstanding items list to see which items, if any, are missing from your application. Click on hyperlinked items in the “To Do Item” column to see more details about each item. Be sure to provide any information that is requested in your To Do Items. Your application will not be complete without these items, and we will not be able to consider your application for admission until we have that information.
- Once you have finished reviewing your application status, log out of OneStart and close your browser.
- If you have any To Do Items, you should submit those to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible. Contact us at (812)855-0661 or email@example.com if you have any questions after completing this process.