You’ll Love Being Here
IU blends a vibrant university community with a small-town atmosphere to give you a quality of life that’s hard to match. You’ll quickly become part of the spirit and tradition of IU, an experience nearly two centuries in the making.
Founded in 1820, IU Bloomington attracts students from around the globe who want a classic college experience: great traditions, a gorgeous campus, international culture, Big Ten sports, and a progressive academic climate.
At IU, you can:
- Join any of our 750-plus student organizations—or start your own
- Ride in the Little 500
- Write for the award-winning Indiana Daily Student
- Become an officer in your sorority or fraternity
- Team up with other students to volunteer in Bloomington
- Hang out at the Indiana Memorial Union
- Play Frisbee in Dunn Meadow
- Admire the collections at the IU Art Museum
- Cheer the Hoosiers on to a national championship
- See Broadway touring companies, concerts, and big-name speakers at the IU Auditorium
- Go skydiving through IU Outdoor Adventures
- Join a comedy troupe or music ensemble
- Work out in world-class facilities
And that’s just scratching the surface. Learn more about IU student life and events:
- IU Bloomington: more info about arts and culture, sports and recreation, and IU traditions
- Current Students: info about activities and organizations, career services, health and fitness, and more
- Events Calendar
The Beauty of B-town
Bloomington is the quintessential college town: a small city of 80,000 with cultural resources and opportunities that rival cities many times its size. From the diverse shops and restaurants of Kirkwood Avenue to the annual Lotus World Music and Arts Festival, it’s easy to see why USA Today named Bloomington one of the top 10 cities for campus culture.
For more information about things to do in B-town, check out VisitBloomington.