Reserve Your Seat in IU’s Freshman Class
Be a part of something special. Enroll Now!
Your college adventure is right around the corner, filled with experiences that will challenge you, inspire you, change how you see the world, introduce you to new friends and cultures, and prepare you for the rest of your life.
Check out what your IU adventure can be, starting with the activities and events below.
Connect with Us—and Each Other
Get IU updates and meet other future Hoosiers (or other parents of future Hoosiers).
Prepare for a Great First Year
- Start your IU adventure by completing our steps for admitted students.
- Register for classes and prepare for the fall at New Student Orientation.
- Get a head start on your coursework in our optional Intensive Freshman Seminars.
- Bond with new friends on an adventurous IUBeginnings trip.
- After you move into your residence hall, catch the IU spirit during Welcome Week.
Mark Your Calendar
- Hear musicians from all over the world at the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival (September).
- Invite your family to campus for Freshman Family Weekend (September 20-22, 2013) and Parents Weekend (November 8-10, 2013), sponsored by the IU Parents Association.
- Celebrate all things IU during dozens of Homecoming events, October 28 - November 2, 2013.
- Save water and electricity to help your residence hall win the IU Energy Challenge (fall).
- Dance and play games with hundreds of other students for 36 hours straight to raise money for Riley Hospital for Children at Dance Marathon (November).
- Proudly wear your candy-striped pants and belt out “Indiana, Our Indiana” as the Hoosier basketball team battles Big Ten foes (January to March).
- Join in our world-famous Little 500 festivities (April), including the bike race that started it all.
Explore, Learn, Participate, Perform
- Get involved in any of IU’s 750 or so student organizations, from the Asian American Association to Union Board, the largest student programming organization on campus.
- Bowl, eat, watch movies, see concerts, or just chillax at IU’s No. 1 campus hangout, the Indiana Memorial Union.
- Rule the airwaves at WIUX student radio and IU Student Television.
- Attend—or star in—any number of IU’s 1,500+ performances each year: including Department of Theatre and Drama productions; Another Round (formerly Straight No Chaser) and Ladies First a cappella concerts; Singing Hoosiers and African American Arts Institute performances; and Jacobs School of Music concerts, operas, and ballets.
- Go Greek in one of our 45 fraternities and sororities.
- Stargaze at Kirkwood Observatory.
- Build your portfolio at the Indiana Daily Student newspaper and Arbutus yearbook.
- See award-winning shows and movies at the IU Auditorium and IU Cinema.
- Exhibit your art at the School of Fine Art’s Grunwald Gallery, or explore the masterpieces at the IU Art Museum.
- Create an even better IU experience as a member of our student government, the IU Student Association.
- Explore other cultures through the Asian Culture Center, First Nations Educational and Cultural Center, Hillel Center, Islamic Center, Latino Cultural Center (La Casa), Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center, and Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Cultural Center.
Cheer on the Hoosiers—and Get Active Yourself
- We’ve got lots more than basketball. Watch IU student-athletes compete in 24 varsity sports, often for free.
- Work up a sweat at Recreational Sports facilities or in our 65+ intramural and club sports.
- Burn calories and support a good cause in the Jill Behrman 5K, Coach Hep Indiana Cancer Challenge, and IU Mini Marathon and 5K.
- Explore the great outdoors: rent gear, take skills courses, and sign up for trips through IU Outdoor Adventures.
Get Your Learn On
When you consider all the experiences you can have through your studies—including conducting research, studying abroad, and creating your own major—your IU adventure gets even more exciting. Check out these cool academic options.